Responsible for managing all areas of manufacturing to produce products on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. Supervises staff of production assemblers, lead supervisors, monitor material inventories, track the progress of production, and review factors which will affect production schedules. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for cable production and related products. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for assuring quality compliance with plans, specifications, and applicable standards. Responsible for supervision of shipping and receiving supervisor to ensure proper location of material and inventory. Responsible for developing production schedules with lead personnel to ensure the quality, efficiencies, and delivery.
Performs a variety of complex tasks. Can interpret work from drawings, manual and technical specifications, is a team player, and self-starter with a high degree of professionalism and dependability. Ability to communicate effectively, learn quickly and balance multiple priorities. Responsible for thoroughness and competency in MIL-SPEC Standard projects and cable/harness assemblies. Responsible for effective utilization of subordinate personnel.
- Trains employees in the tools, work techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
- Performs work in accordance with sound safety practices.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Responsible for developing, recommend and implement operational strategies for lead-time and cost reduction, process improvement, on-time delivery and resource planning.
- Establish and maintain key performance metrics
Requires knowledge equivalent to that received through graduation from high school plus additional pre-engineering or related courses in vocational training or college-level courses, or equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate assembly drawings and specifications.
- Requires knowledge of cable/harness assemblies including MIL-SPEC cylindrical connectors, backshells, terminal boxes
- Ability to provide guidance across departments in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively plan and allocate resources and identify downstream impacts before they occur.
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills